The tangible outcomes / expected results of the GLEAN project consist in:
- collecting best practices in fostering employability and entrepreneurial skills at european level
- launching the NEET Employability/Entrepreneurship Programme (NEEP), a transversal learning programme for the development of technical and soft skills
- activating 3 learning pathways in 3 european countries greatly affected by the NEETs issue: Greece, Italy and Spain
- producing guidelines and recommendations for the adoption of the NEEP by further institutions
- securing employment for at least 50% of the youth involved in the Programme within 3 months from the end of the project
Most of these expected results are directly linked to the so-called “intellectual outputs”, as described in the GLEAN project proposal. The intellectual outputs represent the tangible deliverables, actual products and significant outputs of the project in terms of potential impact and transferability to other organisations. Along with the intellectual outputs, project meetings and dissemination/multiplier events are implemented while future project sustainability activities are foreseen.
The GLEAN project intellectual outputs are as follows
- O1 // Study “NEETs and agriculture: a new approach for employability/entrepreneurship”, establishing the ground and identifying previous practices and experiences as well as potential transferrable elements to the NEEP, hosting the practices in an especially developed GLEAN research database
O2 // Design of NEET Employability/Entrepreneurship Programme (NEEP) structure and learning architecture
- O3 // Development of NEEP learning/teaching/training material and assessment tools
- O4 // Implementation of NEEP pilot courses/workshops in Greece, Italy and Spain. The course consists of 700 hours of study, broken down in: about 100 hours for the acquisition of soft skills (safety at the workplace, foreign languages, management, etc.); about 400 hours of practical experience on the field and about 200 hours of individual study.
Production of guidelines and recommendations for adoption of the NEEP, including policy recommendations for actions and initiatives in the field of agriculture as means for social inclusion